Kharkiv National Medical University
Founded in 1805, Kharkiv National Medical University is one of the leaders of the development and introduction of new medical education technologies in Ukraine. The University is a holder of the State Standard Certificate ISO 9001:2009 (ISO 9001:2008, Independent Developmental Testing), which means that the University implemented and uses a quality management system meeting the requirements of the globally recognized International Organization for Standardization (ISO). In 1951, it was the first medical university in Ukraine to open its doors to foreign students.
KNMU is one of the oldest higher educational establishments of Ukraine. Founded in 1805, the University has been training doctors for different countries of Europe, Asia, Africa. Presently more 2100 foreign citizens study at KNMU (Medical / Dentistry / Pharmacy Faculties, and PG course). More than 25,000 international students graduated from KNMU since 1951. it was later renamed to Kharkiv Medical Institute and Kharkiv State Medical University and presently it is known as Kharkiv National Medical University – KNMU.
International students should know that getting into one of the best medical schools in Ukraine is extremely competitive. According to Ukrainian News Media, the Kharkiv National Medical University ranked as the top Ukrainian Government University chosen by foreign medical students, considering main criteria such as prestige, fee structure, a reckoning of deans, residency programs, research activity, funding, and acceptance rates.
Kharkiv National Medical University is the oldest Medical Institution in Kharkiv and is widely regarded in terms of its influence, reputation, and academic pedigree as a leading university in not just the Ukraine but also the world. The Degree of MBBS (MD – General Medicine, BDS – Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing) of Kharkiv National Medical University is prestigious and it is recognized all over the world.
International students may study medicine in English or Russian as possible options. Practical training begins from the 3rd year and is arranged at government hospitals and clinics in Kharkiv. Students examine patients, give urgent aid, fill case histories with their subsequent analysis, practice at X-ray rooms, clinical and biochemical laboratories. Among former graduates of the University, there are ministers and members of parliaments in various countries, outstanding scientists and famous specialists who founded their own clinics abroad.
Kharkiv National Medical University Today
Kharkiv National Medical University Is a member of the international association of universities, registered under UNESCO;
- Has 8 faculties: 1ST – medical, 2ND – medical, 3RD – medical, 4TH – medical, stomatological, 5TH and 6TH – medical faculties for training foreign students; these faculties graduate doctors with the education-qualification level of a specialist in such specialties as general medicine, pediatrics, preventive medicine, stomatology; the faculty of postgraduate training provides continuous development of doctors’ skills during all their professional activity;
- Has 65 departments, whose faculty numbers 803 specialists in sciences and pedagogy; of them, there are 130 doctors of medical science, professors and 446 candidates of medical science, associate professors;
- Trains over 7,000 students, interns, masters, clinical postgraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral candidates, more than 2,100 of them being foreign citizens from 70 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa, and America;
- Has the following personnel potential: 5 corresponding members of the national academy of medical sciences of Ukraine, 17 honored workers of science and engineering of Ukraine, 2 honored workers of higher school of Ukraine, 8 winners of state prize of Ukraine in the fields of science and engineering, 13 honored doctors of Ukraine, 28 members of the state and public academies of Ukraine;
- Are a modern multi-type educational establishment with its powerful scientific, material and technical basis, which includes: 6 education-research-production units; 2 research institutes, such as the research institute of occupational hygiene and occupational diseases of Khnum and the Ukrainian Institute of clinical genetics of Khnum; the university stomatological center as the medical-educational-scientific unit of Khnum; the scientific-practical medical center of Khnum; the Ukrainian scientific-practical medical center of obstetrics, gynecology, and Reproductology; the medical college of Khnum;
- Has 44 clinical departments, where medical work is done by 497 workers of the university (these consist of 96 professors, 191 associate professors, and 210 assistants) and 128 doctors of the university clinics, 73 postgraduates, 48 clinical postgraduates, and 32 masters; of them, there are 331 medical workers with the highest category, 68 with the first, and 59 with the second;
- Has 5 specialized academic councils for defending doctor’s and candidate’s theses; carries out training of doctors and scientists at such stages as interns, masters, clinical postgraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral candidates;
- Took part in 126 international scientific forums and 340 Ukrainian scientific forums;
- Cooperates with 18 foreign institutions;
- Participates in the realization of 16 international projects; 65 of its workers are members of 66 foreign scientific and medical organizations;
- Has the central research laboratory, 4 problem laboratories, the educational-scientific center based on classrooms for phantom techniques of education and computerized classrooms, and the computer center;
- Has the scientific library, whose fund comprises over 1 million copies, and 16 computerized classrooms; more than 550 modern computers, video, and audio aids are used in the process of training;
- Is the place for active functioning of 18 scientific-pedagogical schools;
- Has its students’ self-government, six hostels, with the successful work of the youth center, the complex for physical education and health improvement, and “medic” sports-health camp;
- Was a recipient of the gold medal of the international exhibition “education and career – 2010” in the nomination “development of students’ research”.
All Prospective Candidates are required to make and send clear scanned copies of the following documents
- International passport (valid for at least one year)
- High School Leaving Certificate (O level / SSCE/ HSSCE / IGCSE / WAEC/ NECO / NABTEB)
- Copy of MBBS/BDS/B. Pharma degree (only for students who will study postgraduate courses)
- Filled Application Form
- Admission Processing Fee of $400 USD.
GENERAL MEDICINE (MD/MBBS)
Tuition fee for English medium: 4800 USD/ year
Tuition fee for Russian medium: 4500 USD/ year
DENTISTRY / STOMATOLOGY (B.D.S)
Tuition fee for English medium: 5400 USD/ year
Tuition fee for Russian medium: 5000 USD/ year
Tuition fee for English medium: 4800 USD/ year
Tuition fee for Ukrainian medium: 4300 USD/ year
PHARMACY (B. PHARMA)
Tuition fee for English medium: 4000 USD/ year
Tuition fee for Russian medium: 3500 USD/ year
PREMEDICAL DEPARTMENT / PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
Tuition fee 2000 USD/ year
Tuition fee for English medium: 6500 USD/ year
Tuition fee for Ukrainian medium: 6500 USD/ year
Tuition fee for English medium: 5000 USD/ year
Tuition fee for Ukrainian medium: 5000 USD/ year
Furnished$1000Twin sharing newly renovated hostel with new furniture and utensils
Ordinary$600ordinary twin-three sharing old hostels
Getting an invitation letter is a very important step for admission. We make this step very easy for you. Study Invitation costs 500USD which includes official Invitation Letter, Visa Support, and courier service fee to send the original invitation letter through DHL, TNT, FedEx, or EMS.
Your Future Starts Here.
Admissions are open for 2020-21 Apply Now!