Bogomolets National Medical University
Founded in 1841, in Kyiv, Bogomolets National Medical University is a leading medical educational institution in Ukraine. Bogomolets National Medical University provides training of specialists for practical healthcare at all educational levels. Nowadays, over 14,000 students study at the University. There are over 1500 international students from 67 countries. The university employs about 1200 teaching staff. The international students are instructed in English since 2004. The university includes 10 faculties, 87 chairs, and 2 scientific and research institutions.
is characterized by a great history and innumerable achievements and a great cultural fusion with students coming from over 53 countries around the globe to pursue their dream career in various fields both at the graduate and post-graduate level offered at the university.
Bogomolets National Medical University is With 12 faculties, 78 departments, more than 1200 scientific and pedagogical professionals including 31 academicians and members of National Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Medical Sciences, 34 academicians of public academies, 42 members of International Organizations and Associations, 99 honored members of Science and technology, 189 Doctors of Sciences, 137 Professors, 720 Candidates of science, 338 Associate Professors, 139 Clinical bases with 8100 beds and 250 thousand patients treated every year and more than 70,000 surgeries conducted every year Bogomolets National Medical University is the first choice for students not only from Ukraine but from countries like Poland, Belarus, Russia, Spain, Hungary, Czech, Turkmenistan, etc. for their career in medicine with limitless education offerings at both undergraduate and Masters Level.
Bogomolets National Medical University
- Diversity and expansion – education and research in 12 faculties.
- Bogomolets National Medical University is one of Eastern Europe’s most highly ranked universities
- An array of educational offerings at undergraduate and various courses at Postgraduate levels in over 40 specialties.
- Student Exchange and research collaboration with universities throughout Mainland Europe.
- Excellence- State of the art infrastructure for training world-class doctors.
- Active, systematic quality control of the educational process.
- Superbly equipped with medical technology of highest standards, purpose-designed, modern, interdisciplinary campus facility.
- One of the oldest universities in Eastern Europe and the Soviet USSR with living cultural and educational settings.
Bogomolets National Medical University today
- Chief higher medical educational establishment among higher medical schools in Ukraine on academic and methodical work and improvement of qualification for scientific and teaching staff at higher medical schools of Ukraine of I-IV accreditation levels;
- Basic higher medical school on implementation of Bologna declaration’s principles into the reforming system of medical education in Ukraine;
- 12 faculties, 7 institutes, and centers, 78 departments, 30 divisions, and laboratories;
- 1,200 scientists and teachers, among which: 137 professors, 188 doctors of sciences, 341 assistant professors and 719 candidates of sciences;
- Over 200 academicians and corresponding members of NAS, AMS, APS of Ukraine, laureates of State Prize of Ukraine, honorary workers of science and technology, workers of education and doctors, as well as inventors of Ukraine;
- 10 specialized scientific councils on the defense of DPhil and Ph.D. theses due to 21 scientific specialty;
- Every year the university receives over 200 patents on inventions, holds approximately 60 scientific forums, publishes over 50 scientific monographs, 30 scientific magazines, and collections of scientific works;
- Over 13,000 students, doctors-interns, masters, residents, post-graduates and persons, working for doctor’s degree, among which about 1,200 foreign citizens;
- 39% of students study due to state order, 61% – on a contractual basis, among which representatives from all regions in Ukraine.
- The graduates from Bogomolets National Medical University work in each fourth country in the world;
- English speaking department, which is called Kyiv medical Harvard, Ukrainian medical lyceum, system of pre-University training with the working experience for over forty years;
- 43 agreements with the international and foreign organizations and institutions, co-founder of Interuniversity center of science and cooperation in countries in South and South-Eastern Europe, East European chain of universities, a participant in 27 educational and 49 scientific international projects;
- Partner in EU program “Erasmus Mundus” to provide with mobility of students and teachers, together with Caroline institute (Sweden) it implements the academic and scientific program on training of young scientists;
- University actively cooperates with WHO and ERB WHO;
- Scientific library with a stock of over 700 thousand. Volumes, 26 internet classes, approximately 1 200 computers in the academic process;
- Stomatological medical center – one of the most powerful in Europe, designed for 300 chairs. Every year over 290 thousand. Visitors attend the center;
- 137 clinical bases, where approximately 200,000 patients are treated every year, over 12 thousand. Childbirths are taken and up to 60 thousand. Operative interferences are made;
- 8 academic buildings, lecture halls for 2.8 thousand. Of places, Ukrainian training center of family medicine, 26 computer rooms;
- 7 hostels. 12 students’ canteens and cafeterias, sports complex, sanatorium-preventorium per 75 places and recreation center in Konch-Zaspa per 407 places;
- The construction of the new twenty-six story academic laboratory building and elite hostels was started in 2006;
- 22 amateur talent groups, among which 5 have the status of People’s ones; 9 sports clubs;
- Famous sportsmen, champions of Europe and World, winners of all-Ukrainian and International Olympiads and contests study at the University;
- The students’ self-government and students’ scientific society, named after O.A. Kysil effectively works at all levels;
- According to the state rating from the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine, the University takes the first place among higher medical schools of III-IV accreditation levels and the fourth place among higher schools of Ukraine;
- Honorary title “Laureate of a contest in nominations “Integration of education of Ukraine into European community” and “Innovations in implementation of information communication technologies into educational practice”.
- The university is awarded the gold medals at International exhibitions of educational institutions “Modern education in Ukraine” in different nominations for many years in a row.
- New modern lecture hall No 3, named after V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky, was opened, for which the university was awarded the diploma of national prize “Pro integration awards 2010” in the nomination “Best solution for the educational sector”;
- For the first time, the university took part in a city special program on training of medical staff for health care establishments in c. Kyiv for 2011-2017;
- The memorial plaques were erected in honor of the first dean of the medical faculty of St. Volodymyr University, Professor V.O. Karavayev, famous graduates V.F. Voyno-Yasenetskyy (St. Luka) and play-writer and writer M.A. Bulgakov;
- Graduates from the university received the diploma of international form “Diploma Supplement”
- The establishment is the partner in a consortium of European universities: in September 2011, it joined Magna Charta Universitatum.
Your Future Starts Here.
Admissions are open for 2020-21 Apply Now!