Skip to content

Arriving in Ukraine

For international students, Ukrainian universities offer programs ranging from 1 to 6 years, so it is very important to prepare all documents that allow you to officially reside in Ukraine. Ukrainian migration laws establish requirements for the legal stay of foreign citizens in Ukraine. First of all, you need to complete a Temporary Residence Permit Process. For this, you need to contact the international student Affairs Department of your university immediately upon arriving in Ukraine. Most foreigners need a passport and student visa to enter Ukraine. The visa will subsequently need to be Convert into Residence Permit at a local office of the State Migration Service of Ukraine or a passport Service center


How to Apply for a Student Visa to Ukraine
The majority of international applicants who want to study in Russia will need a passport and a visa. Citizens of countries with which Ukraine has signed a visa-free regime agreement (Georgia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Russia) do not require a visa to Ukraine, but shall provide an original or photocopy of the “Invitation to study” when crossing the Ukrainian border to verify the purpose of their visit to Ukraine.
Learn More

Migration Legislation

What you need to do to stay legally In Ukraine
To reside legally in Ukraine, international students need to apply for a Temporary Residence permit. When receiving the residence permit according to Ukrainian regulations they must need to register the place of residence no later than 30 days.
Learn More

Work for Students

How international students can find employment legally
To work in Ukraine, foreign citizens must be of majority age (18+ years) and hold the relevant Work permit.
Learn More

Receive e-mail updates on our Blog, events, news and more: